The Medical Assistant (MA) provides medical, technical, and clerical patient care services under the supervision of the nurse practitioner. The MA will assist in examination and treatment of patients, under the direction of a provider. May be required to draw and collect blood samples, perform injections, IV placement, and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Will prepare exam rooms for patients and inform patients of treatment plans. The MA will adhere to professional standards, policies and procedures while offering each patient the best SAUC experience possible to patients.
Required Skills/Abilities/ Qualifications:
- Current CPR Certification
- Must have sufficient knowledge of Southern Arizona Urgent Care’s policies, procedures, and practices.
- Adhere to Southern Arizona Urgent Care Professionalism standards
- Good knowledge base in Medical Terminology
- Able to accurately calculate med dosages
- Occasionally drive to other locations.
- Maintain a current and valid Driver’s License.
- Certified Medical Assistant Certificate
- OSHA certification
- ICD-9 and 10, CPT coding knowledge
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an accredited program for MA’s.
- At least (1) year experience in a medical setting (can include education time)