The Patient Care Specialist serves as the ambassador for positive customer relations. Each first impression made is critical to creating the kind of superior patient relationships we want to build and maintain. The Patient Care Specialist will show a genuine empathetic attitude toward each person, from the intake through the discharge process and ensure each patient’s visit is monitored for timeliness, accuracy and professional treatment.
Line of Authority/Reports to: RT Super Team Lead, Super Team Provider, EVP of Administratio
Works with: Management, Super Teams and Patients
- High School graduate or GED
- Two-years medical office experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Some knowledge of CPT and/or ICD-10 coding and Medical Terminology.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance verification
Duties and Areas of Responsibility:
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a friendly greeting and a smile both in person and on the telephone. Courteous, polite and helpful to the public and patients; able to manage the front desk operations neatly and efficiently
- Performs patient intakes and discharges, verifies insurance/benefit coverage and collects co-pays and/or payment toward account balances at the time of service
- Understands all aspects of the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) system.
- Confers with Provider’s, MA’s and other staff if needed regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders required for completing the coding process in the EMR
- Prepares encoded billing information at the end of each business day and transmits it to the billing center
- Responds to patient communications and transfers calls or delivers complete messages to the appropriate individual per practice protocol
- Ensures new patient information is entered into the EMR accurately and that necessary information changes are made at each visit
- Assists in managing the patient referral process
Delivers incoming mail and/or packages to the proper person upon receipt, processes outgoing mail and distributes faxes
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all information and treats, providers, patients and visitors with a calm, compassionate and professional demeanor
- Works with the designated staff to maintain office supplies in a cost-effective and efficient manner
- May be trained to triage and scribe per provider
- Other duties as assigned
Work Habits & Attitudes:
- Understand all aspects of the EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system
- Working knowledge of office procedures, organizational policies and procedures, systems and office management practices
- Ability to work under pressure and with a diverse population
- Skills in identifying and resolving problems exercising initiative and judgment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with super teams, patients, medical staff, co-workers and the public
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic
- Proficiency in the operation of a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; occasionally bend stoop and stretch
- Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment
- Have a normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and the ability to focus
- Occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Occasionally drive to other locations
- Maintain a current and valid Driver’s License
How to Apply:
All applicants MUST fill out and submit the Employment Application corresponding to the position along with resume.
- Click the button below to fill out the online application.
- Attach Resume and any other important documentation.
You can also apply in person at any of our locations.