The Radiologic Technologist (RT) will be responsible for assisting the Providers of Southern Arizona Urgent Care with the diagnostic digital x-ray imaging process to allow for quick and vital diagnosing of the patient. The RT ensures the highest quality images are obtained for each patient and must be able to effectively explain the type of study ordered by the Provider to the patient. In addition, the Radiologic Technologist is instrumental in maintaining the flow of the clinic, and must be an expert in handling all of the front desk duties, understanding the inventory management system, know how to expertly triage patients, and be able to assist the team by helping run or record labs. The RT will consistently work with his/her team to ensure each patient who walks through our doors has the ultimate SAUC experience.
Required Skills/Abilities/ Qualifications:
- Current licensure as a Radiologic Technologist in the State of Arizona. (MRTBE)
- Current CPR Certification
- Ability to work in stressful situations with a professional demeanor.
- Be physically able to work long hours on feet and maneuver disabled patients if required.
- Have mechanical and manual aptitudes to operate sophisticated diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Able to read, understand and respond to detailed oral or written instructions.
- Knowledge of the inherent danger of radiation and the need for constant measurement and recording of radiation exposure.
- Occasionally drive to other locations.
- Maintain a current and valid Driver’s License.
- At least (1) year experience in a medical setting (can include education time)
- Knowledge of the triage process
- Knowledge of lab protocols
- Experience working in team environment
- OSHA certification preferred but not required
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an Accredited School in Applied Sciences Radiography.