Job Summary: The Physician Assistant is a medical professional that assists with all aspects of patient care. This position can perform independently doing patient diagnosis, treatment, consultations and can also prescribe medications. Physician Assistants will educate patients about preventative care and the prescribed treatments. At Southern Arizona Urgent Care the Physician Assistant will lead the way in providing efficient and effective response times to our patient’s needs. Exceptional customer service will be the standard with each patient encounter. The Physician Assistant will support the company’s goals, objectives and philosophy be in compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations and standards of patient care.
Line of Authority/Reports to: Physician Assistants shall be directly responsible to the Medical Director-Dotted line to VP of Operations and Executive Vice President of Administration
Works with: PA Trainer, Super Teams and Patient’s
The Physician Assistant should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements:
- Provide comprehensive care to include, but, not limited to, dispensing and administering medications and performing examinations and treatment of patients; perform a variety of procedures and treatments.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Record physical findings in the EMR, formulate prognosis based on patient’s condition and discuss with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- Recommend drugs and other form of treatment within the scope of licensure.
- Verify the cleanliness of equipment and work area through own efforts and supervision.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with peers, super teams, patients and outside vendors
- Utilize established facility policies and procedures in making decisions, but use sound independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
- Regularly evaluate the provision of medical services to prevent the inappropriate use of duplication of those services.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records.
- Review each case in the EMR to determine all provided services are documented.
- Recommend methods of improving operation efficiency and cost effectiveness of health-related services.
- Communicate effectively and coherently to administration, staff, other providers, patient’s family and friends in situations requiring tact and diplomacy, understanding, fairness, firmness and good judgment.
- Attend weekly super team meetings, promote communications and proper flow of relevant information to management as needed.
- Attend mandatory training as scheduled.
- Evaluate and recommend physical safety requirements necessary to provide a safe working environment for both patients and staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with others and handle difficult interpersonal contacts.
- Take appropriate action to prevent or diffuse potentially disruptive situations.
- Have a good working knowledge of the EMR and correctly document all information in accordance with the EMR procedures.
- Remain alert at all times and react quickly, efficiently and calmly in emergency and other high stress
How to Apply
All applicants MUST fill out and submit the Employment Application corresponding to the position along with resume.
1. Click the button below to fill out the online application.
2. Attach Resume and any other important documentation.
You can also apply in person at any of our locations.